...as a mother.
(prompt from Stacy Julian's blog )
1. You don't have to give birth to be a mother.
2. Don't be afraid to be silly.
3. Character band aids make boo boos better faster.
4. Some kids hate band aids!
5. They won't die if they don't eat.
6. Let them get muddy- it is good for the soul and it wears them out.
7. Nothing attracts a kid (especially a little brother) like a locked door.
8. Doctors can be wrong.
9. Memories are not expensive to make.
10. There is no such thing as a "normal" kid.
11. Stash stickers everywhere. They are a lifesaver.
12. Write everything down or you will for get it.
13. They will eat it if you let them help cook it.
14. Let them do it. They will be very proud when the figure it out.
15. There's nothing wrong with playing with worms.
16. Coins fascinate kids (kids will work for coins)
17. There's nothing wrong with pink hair. Some times you just need a change.
18. Give them a box-they'll give you a castle or a spaceship or a boat or a....
19. 1 shoe will always disappear 5 minutes before you walk out the door.
20. 5 boxes of crayons is never enough.
21. Each kid needs their own bag of cotton candy.
22. If all else fails turn up the radio and sing along, very loudly.
Not too shabby for only doing this mom thing for a little over 5 years.
I have awesome teachers...
Luke, Mikey, Jim and Sarah
for making me an awesome Mom!
Now its your turn. What have you learned?