Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a cheer thing...

...you wouldn't understand.
Mix hairspray with glitter and spunk.
Throw in some sweat and a couple tears.
Add a dash strength and hard work and mix together with faith and love.
What do you get?
A cheerleader!
Between Sarah's cheering and my coaching, cheering has hit our home big time. You'll hear no complaining from my part. I love the sparkle, curls and bows. The extra sweet little girls I get to spend my time with also doesn't hurt! It amazes me to watch the girls tumble and jump. I laugh when people argue that cheer leading is not a sport. Come watch one of our practices! But what impresses me the most is the amazing faith and trust these girls have in their team mates. Hey, would you let someone throw you in the air or hold you 5 feet off the ground, if you didn't?

Sarah's team at Reach the Beach Ocean City

My little sweeties!
My sweet girl

A CHEERLEADER WITHIN US
It's the glimmer of hope when times are tough;
It's a bit more patience when we've had enough.
It's that thoughtful smile when one's desperately needed,
It's that extra push, a reason why we've succeeded.
This part of our personality which never fails to strive,
Is the creator of our goals and the source of our drive.
We are enthused about life,
optimistic about what's to be,
Because the cheerleader inside looks for the best of life you see.
It's the strong support upon which you stand,
It emerges as a friend to lend you a hand.
Where does this light come from,
where does the ray start?
It shines in your mind, but ignites in your heart.
The confidence to try,
the will to believe,
The acceptance of failure and the way to achieve.
It's very close by,
its something we trust.
It's the fighter inside,
it's the cheerleader within us.
~ *Kim* CHS Cheerleader

No comments: